XMPie Video Service Release Notes
Version 1.8.7 (October 5, 2021)
- Added: New XVS player for HLS videos.
The new player can either be hosted by XVS, or embedded in your website. Read more
- Added: XMPie’s XVS player for HLS videos provides various parameters that configure the video display:
— poster: Specifies an image to be shown while the video is downloading, or until the user hits the play button.
— autoplay: Specifies that the video will start playing as soon as it is ready.
— fullscreen, height and width: Set the size of the displayed video.
— loop: Specifies that the video will start over again every time it is finished.
— muted: Specifies that the audio output of the video should be muted.
— controls: Specifies that video controls should be displayed.
Version 1.8.6 (September 12, 2021)
- Enhancement: The HLS URL has been changed for GDPR purposes.
- Fixed: various bugs.
Version 1.8.5 (August 1, 2021)
- Important! With the release of this version, older uMerge Video plugins will no longer work.
In order to continue working on existing and future projects, please download and install version 1.8.5.
- Added: Support for upload of image sequence footage.
- Added: It is now possible to upload all assets in the assets folder, or just assets used in the data source.
- Enhancement: Security improvements.
- Fixed: Various bugs.
Version 1.8 (June 6, 2021)
- Added: New templates have been added for easy embedding of MP4 and HLS personalized videos in webpages.
If you are creating XMPL HTML pages using XMPie’s XMPL technology, use the MP4 XMPL or HLS XMPL samples.
- Added: Text-to-Speech technology (TTS).
This technology enables text to be converted into speech audio imitative of the human voice.
Using TTS it is now possible to automatically convert dynamic text, composed from the record tag values, into dynamic audio assets, and embed these assets in personalized videos. It is no longer needed to manually record each dynamic audio file.
This functionality can be carried out in XVS using the new Text-to-Speech webhook.
- Added: Circle trigger webhook.
This webhook triggers a Circle touchpoint following completion of the rendering process. For example, sending an email with the video URL to each of the recipients.
- Enhancement: Improved performance due to efficient rendering of reusable elements.
Enhancement: Improved asset security and management.
Version 1.7 (March 14, 2021)
- Added: HLS adaptive bitrate is now rendered by default, in addition to MP4. No action is required from the user.
- Added: Optimization of segment rendering . As a result, the user no longer needs to upload a short recipient list prior to rendering the full list.
- Fixed: Improved stability for large batches of video rendering.
- Enhancement: Tuning of HLS bitrate video quality.
- Added: Two webhooks have been added. One before rendering starts and one when rendering fails. These complement the existing render-done-successfully webhook.
- Enhancement: Copying the URL is possible even during rendering. This allows to embed the URL into the email design while rendering still takes place.
- Fixed: In some scenarios, rendering count analytics was imprecise.
Version 1.6 (January 17, 2021)
- Added: Adaptive bitrate streaming to support low reception cellular or wifi networks.
It is now possible to generate HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) output format. HLS is an HTTP-based adaptive bitrate streaming communications protocol developed by Apple Inc, and it is currently the most popular streaming protocol.
- Added: An HLS player has been added for viewing videos in HLS format.
- Added: The API documentation has been enhanced. It is now more detailed and includes examples. See XMPie Video Service API
- Added: Support for additional Mac operating systems. uMerge plugin now supports MacOS 10.14 – Mojave, Mac OS 10.15 – Catalina, and Mac OS 11 – Big Sur.
- Fixed: Improved stability of rendering step.
Version 1.5 (November 9, 2020)
- Added: A new Copy URL function, which enables to quickly copy the personalized video URL to be inserted into an email, HTML page or SMS, has now been added.
- Fixed: Improved stability and performance of rendering step.
Version 1.4.1 (October 19, 2020)
- Fixed: The value of a video tag can now contain line breaks, and can be inserted as paragraph text to the video project.
Version 1.4 (June 29, 2020)
- Added: GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) solution.
XVS provides the following means to comply with GDPR regulations:
- Ability to delete an individual record.
- Ability to download an individual movie.
- Ability to limit the period of time during which the project info resides on the XVS service. To do so, send an email to XVSSupport@xmpie.com
- Ability to download the recipient list. To do so, send an email to XVSSupport@xmpie.com
- All data is stored on AWS Europe.
As part of GDPR support, XVS has been migrated to a new site: dashboard-eu.xmpvs.com
The old service, located at prod.xmpvs.com, will only support projects created in XVS version 1.3 or below.
The new service will support projects created in XVS version 1.4 and above.
- Known issue: After Effects plugin supports only the English version of Adobe Creative Cloud.
Version 1.3 (May 10, 2020)
- Added: Mac Support for uMerge Video plugin. uMerge Video can now be installed and used on macOS Catalina.
- Known issue: uMerge Video plugin on Mac: There are cases when the uMerge Video panel should close automatically, for example after deployment. Instead, the user is requested to close the panel. Please follow this request. (Bug 138172)
- Known issue: Mac Safari cannot playback movies.
As a workaround, please use Google Chrome for Mac instead (Bug 140102).
Version 1.2 (April 7, 2020)
- Added: Dynamic layers are now marked by After Effects markers (#XVS#). If you see such markers, do not delete them.
- Added: Users can delete any records from a project in the Dashboard, or via the API.
- Added: Users can now get notification for single-record render completion programmatically by a webhook. This allows users to integrate XVS into a cross-media campaign, either via Circle or an external service, such as Zapier (beta). Video tranining
Version 1.1 (March 3, 2020)
- Added: Tracking of video playback has been added, allowing you to see in each project the number of unique playbacks of video records.
- Added: You can now view how many render credits are left for each subscription.
Version 1.0 (October 30, 2019)
- Known issue: Relinking to a modified data source does not update the uMerge panel.
As a workaround, relink to a different data source and then relink again to the modified data source. (BUG-139164)
- Known issue: A Style tag cannot be applied to text that already has an animation effect.
As a workaround, apply the Style tag first and then create the animation. (BUG-139280)
- Known issue: Before deploying a project, make sure to save it if any changes have been made to it. (BUG-139245).
- Known issue: Tag names must contain either English letters, numbers, or the symbols ‘_’, ‘-‘.
- Known issue: When upgrading After Effects, the uMerge Video plug-in must be reinstalled (using the “Modify” option).
XVS and API
- Known issue: In some cases, when MP3 audio files are used, a jammed sound is created in the final rendered video. (BUG-138432)
- Known issue: In some cases, when two sound formats (.wav, .mp3) are used in same project, the soundtrack of the final rendered video may be missing. (BUG-139266)
- Known issue: If the Record ID contains special characters such as *, rendering of the recipient will fail. (BUG-139012)