We’re more than halfway through 2018, and there are lots of new features and updates for various XMPie products. Here’s a quick rundown of what’s new:
PersonalEffect Print / PersonalEffect TransMedia
- Interactive PDFs: Support for creating fully interactive PDFs including buttons and other interactive elements used for form navigation and calls to action. These can turn business and communication PDFs into interactive experiences that draw customers in, hold their attention for longer, can be viewed on any device, and can include follow-up PURL touchpoints. Links within Interactive PDFs can also now be personalized. Production of an interactive PDF is available via the uProduce Dashboard or in Connectivity mode.
- True Type Collection fonts: These fonts are now fully supported in InDesign and XLIM. XLIM documents support the fonts in PDF and PDF/VT output formats.
- ePUB format: Add more services or touchpoints to your campaign by outputting your document to the ePUB format, the most widely used file format for digital books. Two ePUB output formats are available: ePUB reflowable, which enables a responsive design, and ePUB fixed, which generates a fixed layout.
You can learn more about these updates in this release note.
A key component of the XMPie platform is PersonalEffect StoreFlow, the best-in-class web-to-print solution with built-in advanced VDP features for creating and managing online stores and marketing portals. Set up full-featured eCommerce stores selling anything from hats and shirts to static print items, fully personalized items, email campaigns or complete omnichannel campaigns.
With this new release, we’ve added a new coupon capability called ‘coupon per product’, which allows you to create discounts for a specific product or group of products. For example, you can define a coupon for either a particular business card or for all the business cards in the store if they are in the same product group.
For more information about this update, check out the release note.
Circle PersonalEffect Edition software has received the Printing Industries of America (PIA) 2018 InterTechTM Technology Award for helping print businesses to transform into omnichannel communication providers. The awards recognize technologies that are at the core of continued print industry advancement and evolution.
Transform your business by designing, deploying, automating and measuring your omnichannel campaigns from a single platform. Recent updates include:
- Auto-Generated Secure ID: An essential update for complying with GDPR regulations. You can now anonymize personalized Responsive URLs (RURLs) by auto-generating a unique recipient key for each user. Instead of using, for example, a user’s first and last name, or other personal information in the URL, you can now use a unique recipient key, comprised of a unique string of characters.
- Interactive PDF: We mentioned this in the section above in our PersonalEffect update. For Circle this means when you’re in the PDF preview page, all interactive elements are now active.
Check out this release note to learn more about these updates.
XMPie Email Service (XES)
XES is a commercial-grade, subscription-based service available to all cross-media customers, for delivering highly-personalized marketing messages, behavioral-triggered emails and transactional messages from your XMPie platform. New updates include:
- New ‘Lite’ email package: We have a new ‘Lite’ subscription package available to give you a taster of XES. This package will deliver 15,000 emails for $480 per year. Check out all the different options here.
- Link tracking: Each link can now be assigned a tracking name, to make it easy to identify specific links in your emails. Now you can easily track your email results, including click-throughs to determine the effectiveness of your marketing activities.
- Bounce handling: Not all bounces are created equal. Soft bounces (email reaches the mail server but is bounced back undelivered, for instance because the email server is down or the message is too large) don’t need to be permanently removed. But hard bounces (the email is permanently rejected because the email address is invalid or doesn’t exist) must be removed immediately. This feature will classify email bounce-backs as hard or soft, so you can take the appropriate action.
Learn more about these updates in the release note.