PersonalEffect Release Notes
Version 9.8.1, released July 19, 2020
- Added: Due to various security vulnerabilities in Java, uPlan Java has been upgraded to OpenJDK 14, which is also an integral part of uPlan.
When upgrading, former Java (10.0.1) is not automatically uninstalled. It is recommended to uninstall it.
- Added: Documentation added for the Web.URLContentAsFile function. Read more
- Fixed: Various bug fixes.
Version 9.8, released June 28, 2020
- Added: uCreate Print now gives you the ability to select which page and layer of your PDF document will be used in your design.
Read more | Video training
Note that layer data that span multiple content streams are currently not supported.
- Added: New QLingo asset handling functions. Read more
- Added: New QLingo function for generating a dynamic color shape. Read more
- Added: Improved support for Australian postal barcodes.
- Added: Optional performance counters in log files.
- Enhancement: uImage server processing stability improvements, including Photoshop unwanted UI disabler.
- Enhancement: Improved query-handling in the Plan Interpreter.
- Fixed: Multiple stability improvements and bug fixes, such as:
- XLIM jobs fail/hung in specific scenarios (140079).
- Imposition produces PDF/VT instead of PDF (140213).
- Cases of incorrect proof of JPG (140153).
- Failure during upload of data source with several tables (139907).
- PDF-on-Demand various issues.
- Issues relating to handling text boxes with tables.
Version 9.7.2, released April 2, 2020
- This is a maintenance release that includes bug fixes to improve MacOS Catalina stability.
- Added: Support for user selection of both PDF compatibility level and PDF standards compliance.
Version 9.7, released January 15, 2020See also What’s new in PersonalEffect
- Added: Support for Adobe CC-2020.
- Added: Support for MacOS 10.15 – Catalina. Versions earlier than 10.14 are no longer supported.
- Added: New QLingo string function – CleanNumber. This function allows to strip any characters from a string, leaving only digits. This is particularly useful for cleaning up telephone numbers and leaving only digits.
- Added: New QLingo string function – FindByRegExp. This function keeps only the characters matching the definition of the regular expression.
- Added: New GetEnv uPlan function – GetEnv(“SplitPart”). In case of splitting a job, you can get the current split part number.
- Added: It is now possible to change XMPie’s automatic caching mechanism in the output stream, according to which reusable objects such as Graphic ADORs are placed into the output file only once and are referenced for all additional records that use the same object. Now, if your Graphic or Text File ADOR will be unique for every record in the database, you can disable the caching mechanism by renaming the ADOR object to include .unique at the end of the ADOR name. Similarly, for reusable Text ADORs, it is possible to enable the caching mechanism by adding .reusable at the end of the ADOR object name. It is recommended that you change this automatic behavior only if you fully understand the caching mechanism, and the impact of the change.
- Known issue: Legacy PDF production does not work on uCreate Print for MacOS. You can perform the production on the server.
Sep 1, 2019
July 22, 2019
May 19, 2019
Jan 18, 2019
Nov 27, 2018
Aug 20, 2018
Jul 11, 2018
May 2, 2018
Mar 15, 2018
Nov 9, 2017
Jul 26, 2017
May 29, 2017
Mar 9, 2017