uStore Release Notes
Version 13.1 (7659) released October 12, 2020
- Added: uStore Connect NG. uStore Connect is a technology which allows integrating the VDP workflow of uStore into 3rd party systems, such as e-commerce. uStore Connect is now available in the NG technology, including the NG look and feel, theme editing, theme development, kitting and 3D products.
- Added: It is now possible to access a store by omitting the www prefix. For example: StoreDomain.com
This requires that the store-friendly URL option is enabled for the store, and that www.StoreDomain.com is defined as the store domain.
After an upgrade this will automatically be applied to all existing stores.
- Updated: It is now possible to define whether custom NG pages in B2C stores require user login. Read more
Version 13 (7488) released August 16, 2020
- Added: The static product is redesigned for a better, faster and visually appealing user experience in NG stores.
You can select the product ordering flow: the new single-page flow, or the backward compatible multiple-page legacy flow.
When upgrading, existing stores will automatically have the multiple-page mode set up.
- Added: uStore supports Authorize.Net’s latest API.
Authorize.Net AIM API is now obsolete and in the process of being phased out. If you are an existing customer, you may continue using AIM, however it is recommended to switch to the new Rest API.
- Added: It is now possible to download the component of a kit from the store’s Order Details page, provided the component was configured as a downloadable product (the “Allow Download after Purchase” option was enabled for the product).
- Added: Values for the Date Time picker input control can now be taken from a data source.
This option allows you to set values with data derived from a database rather than defining it manually.
Note that the value of a Date Time Picker is represented in XML.
- Added: Store supports the new version of Xerox FreeFlow Core – version 5.4.4. Please refer to the FreeFlow Core release notes.
- Enhancement: Performance time of store duplication has been significantly improved.
- Updated: uStore UI components provided by Telerik have been updated to have all the latest security updates. An upgrade is advisable.
Version 12.3 (7229) released May 17, 2020
- Added: Option to upload a favicon in the “Header & Footer” section of the Theme Editor.
- Added: Support for displaying HTML in the product name and category name in NG stores.
- Added: New infrastructure for integration with an external tax calculation system.
- Added: Proof file URL for static products in uStore REST API.
Version 12.2 (7042) released April 7, 2020
Added: The preflight results of an Upload product, as seen by the shopper in the Storefront, are now also accessible to the administrator. This can help identify potential production issues in advance.
Added: The administrator can now download the Upload file of a Composite product in its original file format.
Added: The administrator can now replace an Upload file of a Composite product, after it has been ordered.
This option enables to quickly replacement of the file, without having the customer go again through the entire process of submitting the order.
Added: In the Back Office, the administrator can modify the shipping price that was defined in the Storefront with the actual price.
This can be done by enabling the “AllowOverridingManualShippingPrice” key in the Global Configurations table.
Added: A new CSS variable has been added to the theme to display a favicon for the store: –favicon-url. To learn more, refer to uStore NG wiki.
Added: Ability to register and verify your store with Google Search Console, to be able to submit your store for Google indexing and connect to Google Analytics.
Added: The File attachment control has an improved user experience, and it now matches the look and feel of the Aqua Blue theme.
- Changed: When an XM product has an approval process, and the approver amends the order, the web touchpoint retains its URL and no longer gets a “_1” extension.
Version 12.1 (6932) released January 26, 2020
- Added: uStore NG now supports B2C stores with anonymous shopping.
- Added: Category and product pages in uStore NG stores now have direct links.
This allows to bookmark the product and category pages, as well as to easily share them in email and social media.
In a B2C store, the link leads directly to the product/category page. In a B2B store, if the shopper is not signed in, only after login will the shopper land on the linked page.
Added: uStore supports the new Microsoft Edge browser (version 79) based on Chromium.
Limitation: uStore does not support browsing multiple stores in multiple tabs on the same browser.
Limitation: Google Analytics setup in NG stores is not supported in this version.
Patch 1254 released December 9, 2019
- Updated behavior: An uploaded PDF file, which has password protection on print/edit, will not be uploaded in a Composite product.
Version 12.0 (6681) released November 25, 2019
- Added: uStore brings the ability to visualize dynamic products in 3D.
A stand up pouch, a label on a bottle, a carton box and a business card with gold foiling, to name a few, can now be better perceived in 3D.
The new uC3D technology supports personalized designs, dynamically added flexible-packaging finishing, such as zipper and valve, dynamic embellishments like embossing, cutting and hole punching, selective lamination, hot foiling, holographic effects, and more.
Added: uStore allows a shopper to download a dieline, design within it using Illustrator or other tools, and then upload it as a PDF.
The PDF can run through a preflight process to prevent production errors. If an error is found, a report is issued, highlighting the errors on top of the PDF.
This workflow is provided in the Customization step and in the Finalize step, by the File Attachment control.
The preflight profile can be generated using Adobe Acrobat DC or Callas pdfToolbox, and configured via FreeFlow Core.
Added: A new trigger event is now available: Order is Ready for Fulfillment.
This event is fired once the order gets to the Pending queue, before it splits into order items. There are no out-of-the box actions available for this event, but it allows integrating new actions for handling a complete order, such as sending a notification to an ERP system once per order.
Added: Store supports the new version of Xerox FreeFlow Core – version 5.4. Please refer to the FreeFlow Core release notes.
Version 11.1 (6428) released September 2, 2019
- This is a maintenance release that resolved kitting issues.
- uStore supports the new version of Xerox FreeFlow Core – version 5.3.0.Please refer to the FreeFlow Core release notes.
Discontinued feature: The Wave skin for Legacy stores is no longer developed nor supported by XMPie.
Version 11.0 (6191) released July 31, 2019
- Added: uStore introduces a new product type: Kit product. A Kit product is a collection of various products which are grouped together to be sold as one single offering.
A kit enables the shopper to order multiple products in one order. Using the kit, the shopper experiences a quick and efficient workflow: with a single click, the shopper can place multiple products in the shopping cart, instead of having to browse the store in search of these items. In addition, if the kit contains multiple dynamic products, customization is done once for the entire kit, and there is no need to customize each product individually.
Kits are prepared by the administrator, and the user does not need to figure out or remember which products need to be ordered. Also, the kit product is optimized for repeated orders and racks inventory levels of the included products.
- Important: If you are using a customized NG theme that was created with an earlier version, you will need to update the theme in order to use the kitting feature with your customized theme. Read more
- Limitation: The receipt has been enhanced to display the kit and its components in a hierarchical structure.
After upgrading to uStore 11, when adding a kit product to an existing store, the product structure of the receipt does not display the hierarchy of the kit and its components. To display the kit in a hierarchical structure, click Restore Default Receipt in the Receipt Setup window. The same issue applies to customized triggered email templates.
Version 10.1 (5838) released June 30, 2019
- Added: Shoppers can now edit submitted orders for which fulfillment hasn’t yet begun. Editing an order cancels the original order, lets the customer make any necessary changes, and then resubmit the order. Operators can also edit an order on behalf of the shopper.
- Added: You can now select which items to check out in the shopping cart. The unchecked items remain in the cart.
- Added: While fulfilling an order, it is now possible to add ad-hoc production information for the ordered item, on top of the information provided by the customer via product properties. This can be done by adding global properties to an order item and assigning values to them.
- Added: When creating a static product with a PDF document, thumbnails are now automatically generated from the PDF. The first two PDF pages (or any number you’ll set) will be automatically converted to JPG thumbnails.
- Added: When creating a static product with a PDF document, preflight data (such as page size and color space) is now recorded for the document, similarly to an uploaded PDF via a composite product. This allows generation of reports with this data.
Note that this feature does not support PDF documents with over 200 pages.
Added: The Excel pricing of an uploaded file in a composite product now contains the properties, fulfillment and product ID of the composite product. This enables to calculate the price for the upload products based on the properties of the composite.
Version 10.0.1 (5644) released May 19, 2019
- Added: The Product List page shows all products with an infinite scroll.
- Added: Shipping tax takes into account the different tax rates of products within a shipment. This results in a lower tax in case the shipment includes tax-exempt products. See “TaxForShippingMethod” key in the Global Configurations Table.
- Added: A new store type – uStore NG – with a new frontend technology, including:
– A new theme, AquaBlue, with a new homepage, header and footer and category page.
– CSS variables support for themes which affect both the new and legacy pages in a uStore NG store.
– A theme coding framework in React.js which allows development of new themes. Read more.
– Ability to assign an image to a product group.
- Added: A WYSIWYG theme editor for uStore NG stores with a draft mode.
- Added: uStore supports the new version of Xerox FreeFlow Core – version 22.214.171.124. Please refer to the FreeFlow Core release notes.
- Changed: The skin folders of Legacy stores moved to a new location: \\uStoreShared\Skins. This allows easier sharing of skin files between uStore servers within a cluster.
– Currently, uStore NG mode is available for B2B stores only. B2C and uStore Connect stores receive the Legacy mode.
– NG stores do not support Internet Explorer.
– Currently, uStore NG stores use the new React.js technology in the homepage, header and footer and category page only. In all other pages the new technology is used in the header and footer, and the content of the page resides in an iFrame and uses the Legacy technology (ASP.NET).
Version 9.4 (4910) released July 3, 2018
- Added: A coupon can now be set to discount specific products in a store or an entire product group.
- Added: uStore 9.4 now supports Microsoft SQL Server 2017.
- Changed: A promotion code no longer behaves like a gift card, where the provided sum is reduced upon each purchase.
- Limitation: uEdit does not support TrueType Collection font files.
Version 9.3 (4818) released May 27, 2018
- Added: Additional GDPR functionality has been added: the ability to download all data about a shopper, upon request, and the ability to delete all stored data related to a shopper (except for submitted orders).
- Added: uEdit 9.3 has a larger document display area which facilitates the user experience.
- Added: uStore supports the new version of Xerox FreeFlow Core – version 126.96.36.199. Please refer to the FreeFlow Core release notes.
- Changed: The Coffee Skin was updated to support uStore 9.3. Download installation package.
- Know issue: A file uploaded with a file attachment product property is not deleted in a GDPR supported store. In case these files contain PII, delete them from \\ustoreShared\FileattAchments\ no later than 30 days after they were created (136594).
- Caution! When deleting a user, ensure there are no orders for this user which haven’t yet been fulfilled. Deleting the user beforehand may cause errors in fulfillment and production.
- Important! From version 9.3 onward, upgrades to uStore will be provided as system updates via the Presets > XMPie Services > Check for new updates section. Updates will be available for customers who have an active Maintenance and Support plan.
- Added: GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliance.
- Added: When previewing an email of an XM Campaign product in the Storefront, the shopper can now send a proof of the email to an email address, in addition to viewing it in the browser.
- Added: Support for Xerox FreeFlow Core 188.8.131.52. Please refer to FreeFlow Core release notes.
- Changed: uStore does not support Office 365.
- Known issue: When a store is set to be GDPR compliant, once a USAData recipient list is deleted, reordering a product in the Storefront is no longer possible and results in an error. (136292)