Personal Information that XMPie collects
Some of the Services on the Website may require registration. In the course of registration, or while completing online contact forms, We will require you to provide personal information, such as your name and contact details. We will explicitly indicate the fields designated for mandatory completion. If you do not enter the requisite data in the mandatory fields, you will not be able to register with these Services or complete the relevant contact form.
You must provide complete, accurate and correct details and you hereby confirm the details you provided are correct. You are not required by law to provide XMPie with your personal details. However, if you provide false, incorrect, or outdated information, or only partial information, it may prevent you from registering with the Services and using them, or impair Our ability to provide you with the Services or contact you. If your details have been changed, you must update them online.
When you provide XMPie with personal details of another person, you represent and warrant that you received the other person’s explicit written consent to provide these details to XMPie and use them according to this Policy.
Username and password
Certain Services on the Website may require registration. When you register with the Website, you may be required to provide a username and set a unique password that will identify you each time you enter the Services. XMPie may require other or additional means or methods of identification, from time to time.
You agree to maintain your username and password in absolute confidentiality and refrain from disclosing them to others. Make sure that you change your password frequently and at least once every six months.
Content that you provided for publication on the Website
XMPie may enable you to post content on the Website. You agree to publish the content on the Website and on other communication means, or to use the content to improve the Services on the Website and to handle complaints, as XMPie deems fit. You further agree that XMPie may publish or use your name and every other personal detail included in, or attached, to the information you provided.
Additionally, when you wish certain content to be published on the Website, you represent that such content does not violate any other person’s right to privacy.
Information gathered when using the Services
XMPie may collect information pertaining to your activity on the Website, including content that you created, information that you have read, your session durations, your search queries, the web pages you watched, offers and Services that were of interest to you, the location of the computer and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you had access to the Website and more. Additionally, XMPie may collect or use the assistance of third parties to collect and analyze anonymous, statistic or aggregative information related to your use of the Services on the Website, including information related to your personal details and activities.
Use of Information
We will store the information you provide and the information We collect about your activity on the Website in Our database (the “Database“). We will use the information in accordance with this Policy and any applicable law, including for the following purposes –
- To provide the Services on the Website and to enable you to use them;
- To identify you every time you log-in and to save you the trouble to fill in your personal details again;
- To develop and improve our products and services as a whole, and to improve and expand the Services and content offered on the Website, to create new services and content which correspond to the requirements and expectations of the users of the Website and our customers and to modify or cancel existing Services and content. The information used by XMPie for this purpose will be mainly statistical information, and will not identify you personally;
- To improve and customize your experience and other users’ experience with the Services;
- To contact you occasionally, either by XMPie or by anyone on Our behalf, including by sending e-mail messages and information related to XMPie Services and products. We will deliver the information to you, subject to your prior indication of consent. At any time you may withdraw your consent and opt out of the Website’s mailing lists;
- To conduct researches and surveys and other similar activities related to products and services development;
- To contact you as, and when, XMPie believes it to be necessary;
- To analyze and provide statistical information to third parties. This information will not identify you personally;
- For the orderly and proper operation and development of the Website;
Transfer of Information to Third Parties
XMPie will not transfer your personal details and any information collected pertaining to your activities on the Website (provided such details and information identify you personally) to any third party, except in the following cases:
When you use any of the Services. In these cases, XMPie will share your information only to the extent required to facilitate your use of the Services;
- If XMPie is required, or reasonably believes that it is required by law, to share or disclose your information;
- In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and XMPie, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
- In any case where XMPie may reasonably believe that sharing information is necessary to prevent serious damage to your person or property or to the person or property of any third party;
- If XMPie organizes the operation of the Services within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity, or if XMPie is acquired by, or merged with another entity, provided however, that those entities agree to be bound by the provisions of this policy, with respective changes taken into consideration.
Some of the Cookies may expire when the session ends and you exit your browser. Other cookies are saved on your computer’s hard drive. If you wish to block Our cookies, you may do so by clicking the “options” button on your browser’s menu and follow the necessary instructions. You can read your browser’s Help file of for further information. However, bear in mind that disabling cookies may complicate or even prevent the use of the Services, or certain features thereof.
XMPie implements data security systems and procedures to secure the information stored on XMPie computer servers. Such systems and procedures reduce the risk of security breaches, but they do not provide absolute security. Therefore, XMPie cannot guarantee that the Services are immune to unauthorized access to the information stored therein and to other information security risks.
From time to time, XMPie may change the terms of this policy. Substantial changes will take effect 30 days after XMPie has posted an initial notification on the Service’s homepage or on any other relevant web pages on the Service, with respect to such changes. Other changes will take effect 7 days after their initial posting on the Service, unless XMPie amends the Terms to comply with legal requirements. In such cases, the amendments will become effective immediately upon their initial posting, or as required.
You agree to be bound by all changes made in the terms of this policy. Continuing to use the Service will indicate your acceptance of the amended terms. If you do not agree with any of the amended terms, you must avoid any further use of the Service.
XMPie respects the privacy and good reputation of the Website users. If you think that certain Posting or content published on the Website harms or offends you in any way, you may contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to provide a prompt response to your complaint.
Last Updated: September 12, 2013