XMPie Video Service Release Notes
Version 1.6 (January 17, 2021)
- Added: Adaptive bitrate streaming to support low reception cellular or wifi networks.
It is now possible to generate HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) output format. HLS is an HTTP-based adaptive bitrate streaming communications protocol developed by Apple Inc, and it is currently the most popular streaming protocol.
- Added: An HLS player has been added for viewing videos in HLS format.
- Added: The API documentation has been enhanced. It is now more detailed and includes examples. See XMPie Video Service API
- Added: Support for additional Mac operating systems. uMerge plugin now supports MacOS 10.14 – Mojave, Mac OS 10.15 – Catalina, and Mac OS 11 – Big Sur.
- Fixed: Improved stability of rendering step.
Version 1.5 (November 9, 2020)
- Added: A new Copy URL function, which enables to quickly copy the personalized video URL to be inserted into an email, HTML page or SMS, has now been added.
- Fixed: Improved stability and performance of rendering step.
Version 1.4.1 (October 19, 2020)
- Fixed: The value of a video tag can now contain line breaks, and can be inserted as paragraph text to the video project.
Version 1.4 (June 29, 2020)
- Added: GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) solution.
XVS provides the following means to comply with GDPR regulations:
- Ability to delete an individual record.
- Ability to download an individual movie.
- Ability to limit the period of time during which the project info resides on the XVS service. To do so, send an email to XVSSupport@xmpie.com
- Ability to download the recipient list. To do so, send an email to XVSSupport@xmpie.com
- All data is stored on AWS Europe.
As part of GDPR support, XVS has been migrated to a new site: dashboard-eu.xmpvs.com
The old service, located at prod.xmpvs.com, will only support projects created in XVS version 1.3 or below.
The new service will support projects created in XVS version 1.4 and above.
- Known issue: After Effects plugin supports only the English version of Adobe Creative Cloud.
Version 1.3 (May 10, 2020)
- Added: Mac Support for uMerge Video plugin. uMerge Video can now be installed and used on macOS Catalina.
- Known issue: uMerge Video plugin on Mac: There are cases when the uMerge Video panel should close automatically, for example after deployment. Instead, the user is requested to close the panel. Please follow this request. (Bug 138172)
- Known issue: Mac Safari cannot playback movies.
As a workaround, please use Google Chrome for Mac instead (Bug 140102).
Version 1.2 (April 7, 2020)
- Added: Dynamic layers are now marked by After Effects markers (#XVS#). If you see such markers, do not delete them.
- Added: Users can delete any records from a project in the Dashboard, or via the API.
- Added: Users can now get notification for single-record render completion programmatically by a webhook. This allows users to integrate XVS into a cross-media campaign, either via Circle or an external service, such as Zapier (beta). Video tranining
Version 1.1 (March 3, 2020)
- Added: Tracking of video playback has been added, allowing you to see in each project the number of unique playbacks of video records.
- Added: You can now view how many render credits are left for each subscription.
Version 1.0 (October 30, 2019)
- Known issue: Relinking to a modified data source does not update the uMerge panel.
As a workaround, relink to a different data source and then relink again to the modified data source. (BUG-139164)
- Known issue: A Style tag cannot be applied to text that already has an animation effect.
As a workaround, apply the Style tag first and then create the animation. (BUG-139280)
- Known issue: Before deploying a project, make sure to save it if any changes have been made to it. (BUG-139245).
- Known issue: Tag names must contain either English letters, numbers, or the symbols ‘_’, ‘-‘.
- Known issue: When upgrading After Effects, the uMerge Video plug-in must be reinstalled (using the “Modify” option).
XVS and API
- Known issue: In some cases, when MP3 audio files are used, a jammed sound is created in the final rendered video. (BUG-138432)
- Known issue: In some cases, when two sound formats (.wav, .mp3) are used in same project, the soundtrack of the final rendered video may be missing. (BUG-139266)
- Known issue: If the Record ID contains special characters such as *, rendering of the recipient will fail. (BUG-139012)